Melbourne Doula

Welcome to 'Melbourne Doula', the place where I share what birth work is teaching is me, and what I am learning from the wonderful families who have invited me to share this most special season of their lives. Here you will find information about me and the doula services I provide, birth stories from remarkable women and their loved ones, as well as all kinds of resources to enrich your own journey of discovery. And welcome also to BLISSFUL HERBS, the home of beautiful herbal teas and bath herbs to support wellness through every season of life.

No-Bleed Bliss herbal tea

About the No Bleed Bliss herbal tea

25g No Bleed tea = $5.00
Image by Little Browns Photography
This tea contains herbs considered to be "haemostatic" by herbalists, to help prevent excessive third stage bleeding, support the uterus, reduce after-pains and warm & nourish the mother.

To use: Place herbs in non-metallic jug or pot, add hot water and steep for 5-10 minutes. Add Manuka honey and/or lemon if desired, and serve to the mother soon after birth, at a suitable temperature for swallowing through a straw.

This tea can be used instead of, or as well as, the After Birth Bliss tea, at any time when the need for further support to prevent excessive blood loss is felt.

Ingredients:

Cinnamon – a warming herb which stimulates the circulation, relieves spasms and helps control bleeding

Cramp Bark – acts on the uterus to help it involute and birth the placenta. Reduces uterine cramps and afterpains.

Fennel – an oestrogenic herbs which acts on the uterus to reduce cramping and pain, has anti-spasmodic and analgesic properties

Lady’s Mantle – a bitter, astringent herbs with venotonic properties which controls bleeding and discharges. balances hormones

Red Raspberry Leaf -  contains fragrine, an alkaloid, which nourishes and tones the uterus muscle. Richly nutritious, an excellent tonic which helps prevent haemorrhage.

Shepherd’s Purse – an astringent herb with blood coagulant properties, used internally by herbalists to curb excessive bleeding

Cost:
$5.00 for a 25g packet
$3.50 for 4 x paper filter tea bags, each filled with about 3-4g of loose herbs
$2.00 for 2 x paper filter tea bags

To order:
Email blissfulherbs@bigpond.com with your postal address.

Disclaimer: This information is of a general informational nature and does not constitute medical advice. It is not intended to diagnose or treat any health condition. Any health condition should be referred to your chosen health care practitioner. Check with your health care practitioner before commencing to use any herbal tea, and be aware of any personal and family allergies. This tea is not suitable for use where there is a history of severe PPH and is not suitable for use if a medically-managed third stage is planned.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your No Bleed Tea. I have had two mums who had histories of PPH who wanted natural third stage that used this. One lost 500ml, the other 300ml. We were all delighted with this outcome. Proof of the pudding! - Tammy, Doula.

Anonymous said...

I bought some teas off of Julie recently - the No Bleed tea was invaluable (how many women who just birthed their 6th child can say that they didn't experience after birth cramps, especially since they got worse each time with the first 5!) and my bleeding was minimal, and less than 24 hours later is light. The Post Natal bath soak is bliss. A way for me to relax and heal my body. I highly recommend everyone take advantage of this wonderful service :) thank you for helping me Julie xx Simone

Anonymous said...

A few months ago I had a client with a history of PPH and we discussed the use of your teas as a preventative. We made some up as she went into labour and then she drank them cooled as soon as the baby was born. I am happy to say this was her first home birth and first birth with no PPH!
- Midwife Hazel

Anonymous said...

The After Birth Bliss Tea I got from you was wonderful. My partner got it brewing as I was labouring, & I had a cup of it as soon as bub was out. Placenta arrived within 30 mins! (unusual for me, as with my previous 3 homebirths it had taken a few hours with this third stage...)
I bled a fair amount, although another cup of this tea & some shepard's purse tincture I had on hand, brought this under control quickly. I have continued with a daily cup of this tea of yours, sometimes with more nettle added in when brewing, for extra nutrients.
I'll be recommending you & your products to other birthing mothers I know!
Love from Sequoia


Anonymous said...

My midwife have me your 'No Bleed' tea following my homebirth. I was pleasantly surprised that it tasted quite good! Baby number 4, and
I certainly didn't bleed very much after he was born, which was the desired result! Thanks for the work you do! Daniela